Welcome To CALFIG
The Futurists Interest Group (FIG) prepares Colorado Association of Libraries (CAL) members to take advantage of tomorrow’s opportunities to vitally serve their communities.
What we are up to…
To address the rapidly changing world – technological, social, and otherwise, the Futurists Interest Group (FIG) engages in future-focused content from a broad spectrum of fields and considers implications for libraries. The FIG functions as a think tank: tracking trends, addressing issues relevant to Colorado libraries, and sharing their knowledge with members and member organizations.
- vigilantly track emerging trends across many sectors and disciplines.
- offer opportunities to library leaders and staff to embrace change through a mindset of proactive adaptation.
- develop scenarios, cast predictive frames, and provoke discussion to prepare libraries to be future-ready.
- provide opportunities to strengthen the future of libraries in Colorado through speakers, workshops, publications, and conference activities.
To Join CALFIG
Things to Know About our Futurist Interest Group (FIG)
- Launched at CALCON Sept. 2019 by establishing strategic priorities. (https://cal-webs.org/Futurist_Interest_Group__FIG_)
- Launched a website and Slack Channel in October 2019.
- Meeting monthly online (2nd Fridays) with learning and discussion each month.
- FIG welcomes your engagement with any of these offerings.
CAL Futurist Interest Group Chairperson